1. Project Summary
Cognito Comics is seeking a part time ActionScript 3.0 developer to join our team in pushing the boundaries of interactive graphic novels for mobile and web platforms.
2. Company Background
Cognito Comics is an interactive design studio specializing in the production of animated books, graphic novels, and comics across digital platforms. Cognito offers innovation in story presentation by utilizing emerging technologies and producing content specifically designed for web, tablet, and mobile devices. We honor the legacy of meaningful storytelling through producing work that weaves narrative, design, and interactivity into a seamless and beautiful experience for our users and clients. Our most recent project is a 210 page animated graphic novel called, CIA: Operation Ajax.
3. Design Requirements
- A basic understanding of OOP concepts and best practices.
- Understanding of event handlers, event dispatchers, and event propagation.
- You enjoy writing code. (This is not a designer position)
- You can deliver on a deadline
- Experience with optimizing and publishing flash content to iOS.
- Optimization, both code and graphics
- Reasonable understanding of UX and interaction design
- Basic graphic design and motion graphics skills
- Rudimentary skills with Photoshop, Illustrator, and Fireworks (for tweaks / exporting art)
- Community awareness (online resources, frameworks, etc)
- You're friendly, communicate well, and like to interact with other people. We're a relaxed and friendly bunch. We joke and laugh a lot.
- You're a quick learner who takes pride in your work. You care about quality.
4. What you will be doing
You will be responsible for porting and optimising timeline based flash files, created by our in house artists, into AS3 for release on mobile platforms.
You will be responsible for writing the code, testing your code thoroughly, solving any bugs, and adding comments to make your code more legible.
You'll also work with the project Producer to create a documented pipeline that Cognito can use for future projects, as well coordinating deliverables with the rest of the team.
We prefer you to work onsite in our office in San Francisco.
- Project development will begin September 1, 2012.
- Project launch will be October 12, 2012.
6. Hiring Details
We are hiring for a part time 20 hr/week interim position to be paid out bi-weekly. Salary commensurate with experience and abilities.
If you are interested, please tell us a little about yourself and please include the following:
- past programming experience
- links to relevant work
- hourly rate
all submissions should be sent via email to:
matt at cognitocomics dot com