The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: CRON for windows…

CRON for windows…

I know you can use schedule tasks… but I want something more… well cron like. Something that I can script and control with any programing language.

If you are running Windows 7 ultimate (or Vista Ultimate) you can use cron under SUA (Subsystem for Unix Applications)

Quote Originally Posted by ajcates View Post
    I know you can use schedule tasks… but I want something more… well cron like. Something that I can script and control with any programing language.
    i dont understand this... you will only execute scheduled commands with CRON and/or Scheduler, i dont see why you cant do this in your own language... just make sure you use the correct command for your language.

cron doesnt have anything more or less then the windows schedular... they both execute given commands on given times, just using a different interface to setup... (altho i think cron is a but more flexible with the times)

what exactly do you want to script/control ?

if you're looking to replace the cron/schedular with something you thought of urself, i'd suggest to make 1 script (in your prefered language) and make it execute ever minute using the cron/schedular, then in your script, lookup in a database/folder (or however you set it up) and execute other scripts when needed... the only use i see for this, is whenever you created your own (web-bases, using database?) cronjob manager.

hope that helped

You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public.

Thread Information