Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: transferring files between computers

transferring files between computers

i have a bunch of naruto episodes i want to take off my laptop and put on my desktop. what is the best way to go about transferring the files, excluding burning them to cd's. For some reason my wireless router wont let both computers connect to it. And also both of my network cards on these computers are messed up, it says network cable unplugged even when the eithernet cables are in. I thought it was fixable by setting the duplex in the settings but its not working now.

someone got an idea?

*bump*

Place them in .zip's and upload them to a server (or Gmail).
    Get yourself a flash memory stick.

I'm just packed with great ideas!

I would probably fix my network, but barring that borrow a mass-storage device from a friend and dump them onto there :b I use my iPod to transfer files daily between work and home, but any external mass-storage device will do : )

Oh yeah, P.S., about 10 hours until the 5th season finale, episode 130 airs. Are you as excited as me? : )

Should be translated by tommorow morning if we're lucky since the new op/end is already done ; )

i've done this 2 weeks ago, transfered my files from my laptop to my new pc. got a usb-cable from a friend of mine, worked really well

yeah im excited, i love naruto. Im burning the first 50 episodes for a friend of mine

use flashdisks...of course!

i know, but i smashed mine a couple of months ago lol. It was an accident. They need to make those things tougher

Your ethernet cable probably isn't working because you're probably using a twisted cable where you need to use a straight cable. Check the cable at each end and see if they are wired the same.

Either that or you havn't set up the network properly

Thread Information