Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: KirupaVille - Thread #2 - Construction

KirupaVille - Thread #2 - Construction

Construction Time

Ok everybody... after 4 nice pages of ideas and teambuilding... we are ready to move on to the building of KirupaVille...

Here are the TeamMembers:

• ubermensch_ver2(me) >>> I'm doing the initial pixeling and building coordinator.. of sorts...CoReviver of the project.
    • B3Nkobe >>> Partner in crime... pixelling town elements...town layout, and CoReviver also.
    • Greenlantern >>> Helping create the construct of the town's navigational system...and doing all the coding... GL YOU ROCK!!!
    • Eilsoe >>> Working on the HUD

The List
    >>> this is the list to get a plot... post an interest to get on the list and name the size grid you would like... NOTE: MODS(Including Senocular) and LORD KIRUPA get priority over the bigger grids(plus a choice of custom grids)... this does not mean you will not get a grid.. but it means you may not get the size you want depending on the turnout.... here are the applicants so far...
    *bold means submitted
    1. Kirupa ...1X1
    2. B3NKobe ...2x1, 1x1
    3. ubermensch_ver2 ...1X2, 1x2
    4. Eilsoe...2X2
    5. GreenLantern...1X2
    6. SeiferTim......1X2
    7. idoik banned for ripping off of isocity....
    8. ScHAmPi...2X2, 1X
    9. prettyboy...2X1
    10. simplistik...2X1
    11. Ψ...2X2
    12. CONNOR_LUKE...1X1
    13. pizzaguy234...1X2
    14. Flash Gordon...2X2
    15. Adam14...2X1
    16. Senocular...1X2, 1X1
    ----EDIT---
    since the creation of the new forum... the sign up is now a free for alll... I will not update this thread any more ...its kinda big and needs to die....

Templates
    *please make sure that your submission fits the template EXACTLY...

What we need:
    here is a list of things that must be done to make the town complete:
    1. HUD
    2. FLASH GRID LAYOUT
    3. CONSTRUCT CODING
    4. ISOMETRIC ANIMATION CODING
    5. EDGE OF TOWN BLOCKS(TREES,LAKE,ROCKS)
    6. HOVER GRAPHIC (TRANSLUCENT GRAPHIC THAT POPS UP OVER A TOWN WHEN MOUSE OVER... GIVING DESCRIPTION)
    7. HOVER CODING
    8. PLOT ASSIGNMENT
    9. SMALL PIXELS(LAMPS, SIDEWALK ITEMS, STOP SIGNS, ETC.)
    10. VEHICLES(ALL 4 ISOMETRIC VIEWS)
    11. FLYING OBJECTS (UFO'S, HELICOPTERS, BANNER PLANES)
    red means done

UPDATE
    Everything is going smoothly.. thanks to GL for all his hard work... you can see the fledgling town at

http://www.redmirrorball.com/kv/

i'm gonna make end caps for the roads... Eilsoe is working on the HUD... and if any one can make 1x1 blocks of trees.. that would rock....
    Last edited by ubermensch_ver2; January 18th, 2005 at 07:00 PM.

They call me Buffawhat now... like Uber, but more gay

////EDIT\\\\

i finished the layout...its about 1400x700... nice start... what's cool it that there is a center plot for kirupa... a nice 1x1.... check it out....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ubermensch_ver2; January 12th, 2005 at 05:39 PM.

They call me Buffawhat now... like Uber, but more gay

I'll take a 1x1 plot. I've never done pixel art before, so I'll start small hehe.

I will begin work on the construct in about 3 hours. I'm at work right now.

nice...u guys got this going again. But with all the moving stuff and stuff... there's gonna be a lot of transparent gif/pngs so i guess this'll be pretty processor intensive

Member #1 of the "Don't message me your flash questions" cult

oh I wish I could be part of this but I dont know how to make pixel art if thereīs anything I could do let me know, if not itīs okay....Iīll see the town grow up them

Quote Originally Posted by berkoWitZ
    oh I wish I could be part of this but I dont know how to make pixel art if thereīs anything I could do let me know, if not itīs okay....Iīll see the town grow up them
    check out some tutorials, they are all over the web. I'm not extravagant pixel artist either. I have done my fair share of boxes, icons, and small houses. This will be a challenge for me.

berk - I've never worked a lot with pixel art either. This will be my first original pixel art besides those ridiculous pixel characters I drew for my footer haha.

MS Paint or Fireworks are great for them. I think it's all about us zooming in a lot, and drawing everything dot-by-dot. Almost any program will work!

I think to start, animation should be avoided. One thing about it being pixel is that quality can be set on low without loss of ... quality, and that will help.

Some guidelines will have to be setup for completed entries though. Are all houses going to be external? It would be convenient to update if that is the case, but it also means each would have to be its own swf. An XML file could be setup to handle details and location and simply which houses are available for display meaning adding a new one is a matter of updating the XML file and throwing the swf in some common directory. Otherwise, the fla will have to be edited each time and the swf published and re-uploaded. As seen with pixel people, updates are far and few between in such cases.

Also, just a side note for FW users if you are not familiar with FW enough already, when working with the eraser tool at 1px in size, it erases from the bottom right hand corner of its erase outline and not the center. I've filled in a bug report already and I suggest anyone else using fireworks do the same:
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/email/wishform/

Quote Originally Posted by senocular
    An XML file could be setup to handle details and location and simply which houses are available for display meaning adding a new one is a matter of updating the XML file and throwing the swf in some common directory.
    I have been thinking about how this would work. I was thinking that you could put a container clip on each plot and name them plot1, plot2, plot3, etc. Then use xml to load each house into it's appropriate plot that way. Is that how you would do it?

a container clip would work too. That would handle the positioning but would also require the attention of placement for each lot. As long as someone doesn't mind doing that, it would work (and might be a little easier than figuring out pixel location if the city setup is not very regular). Its just a compromise of manual work vs dynamic via loaded content. Manual is usually easier but less dynamic and sometimes less intuitive, especially if the project changes hands.

Well I was thinking that the layout could possibly change, because it's just a bunch of tiles. So if the tiles were ever changed you would have to go back through and find the location of each plot again, instead of just moving each container clip.

Hey, ill give a hand with the AS if that can be of any help!
    And btw, i'll do as Master K, and and go for a one by one slot.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern
    check out some tutorials, they are all over the web. I'm not extravagant pixel artist either. I have done my fair share of boxes, icons, and small houses. This will be a challenge for me.
    u know what??? ur right! Iīll take this as a challenge too, Iīll see if I can make some tuts and maybe buy a plot very soon

I'll take a 2x2 if I can, btw, I did a kirupacar...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you notice this notice you will notice this notice was inspired by the noticing of another notice.

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information