Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Removing Backround Via Photoshop

Removing Backround Via Photoshop

hey guys...i am making a new splash page for my site and ineed this pic of this guy (me but i hate my hair) to no longer have the backround. i suck with the lasso tool, so is there another way?

plz help,
    mike
    Mike
    Linux? Il y a moins bien, mais c'est plus cher.
    times posted with others:162

2 words...

Quick Mask

How to use QuicK Masks....

Select the layer with your image.....

Underneith the Foreground and Background colors in the Tools Toolbar there will be two rectangles, one on the left that is a white rectangle with a white circle inside... this is to stop using quick mask... on the right there is a dark rectangle with a white circle inside, this is to entery quick mask mode.

Click the one to enter quick mask mode.

Use the paint brush tool (best at a small size and used with the softer brushes), With the brush, fill in the area that you DO NOT want to be selected (in this case, your body)

Now hit the button to exit the quick mask and the area surrounding the spot you colored it will be selected. Now you can just delete this and be left with your head

I hope that helps.

woah

I was just about to post that question.. once again.. i learn one more thing from lostinbeta! let me go try it now

BTW.. due on first week of march.. is my huge project from school.. my project is related to web designing.. woah.. if i learn one thing each day from beta... I will get A+ fosho!

I love helping people. It gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside

hmm it's still kinda hard.. any other ways?

Except for the magnetic lasso (or any other lasso) tool in Photoshop.

Quick Masking is the easiest way, but it takes a lot of time to get around the edges.

You just have to fill in the center with a big brush.... then zoom way far in (CTRL + +) and do the edges with a small brush.

Long and sometimes tedious... yes.... but worth it.

you REALLY need a steady hand still though. but i like it WAY more than the lasso. (sp?)

thanks again (or is this the first time?)

-mike
    Mike

shane one more thing, i think that warm fuzzy feeling was you pissing on your self again! lol jk.
    Mike

No, I think it was the kitten I ate earlier actually

*warm fuzzy feeling*...mmmmm...

When I have to delete something around something else, I use a brush-eraser, and just remove whatever i want around the edges...

Requires a REALLY steady hand though...
    site still under construction... going on 6 years now.

So many methods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

Works wonders for me

Btw Lost, I started school yesterday, and they went just nuts over a simple water effect using clouds/gaussian blur/chrome/hue-sat layer...

SO funny to impress others with simple methods

Didn't mean to sound so egocentrical...

whooooooops...... sorry...

Lol, Yeah I know what you mean.

When I was in school I already had knowledge and well had photoshop. So I took an image and just applied a gaussian blur and everyone was like WOW, THATS AMAZING...

I was just like .... "I'm not done yet!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information