Thread: Can we have....

Can we have....

....bigger avatars? I don't feel that i have enough space to fully express myself.

-GL

Digitalosophy
    n/a
    lol, Kirupa would have to answer that

GL - a mod posted about this yesterday. I would prefer it if the avatar size was kept as it is for now The larger avatars may affect the forum layout also, for I have the current styles set up as working best with the smaller styles.

The less space you have, the more you have to push your creativity, which I think brings out the ability to express yourself better.

I like the dimensions we are given for footers and avatars. In fact, on other forums where I post and am allowed to have bigger sizes... I still make them at 300x60 and 50x50. I like the challenge to try and make something good and fit it into such a small area.

Quote Originally Posted by kirupa
    GL - a mod posted about this yesterday. I would prefer it if the avatar size was kept as it is for now The larger avatars may affect the forum layout also, for I have the current styles set up as working best with the smaller styles.
    Sorry, I didn't see that someone had already posted about this.

I'm not asking for much bigger. I just think they should be big enough to compete with the space given for a footer. It just seems like the space for footers is proportionately bigger than the space for avatars.

I like the size of the profile picture in the user control panel. 100X100. I donít' think that would affect the layout much.

Can we? Can we? Please! Please!

Yes you may!!

Quote Originally Posted by jivix
    Yes you may!!

WTF? (Welcome To the Forums? )

Anyway I like the restrictions on footer/avatar size. Like lost said it brings out creativity and it keeps the forums tidy. Big obnoxious footers and avatars really bug me.

"I'd hit it like the fist of an angry god." - fester8542
    "Yeah but experts are conformist bastards. Ignore their so called "wisdom"!" - Iamthejuggler

I understand obnoxious, but I don't think that a little bigger would be obnoxious.

Right now the avatar sizes we have don't even fill the space they are in.

150X150 wouldn't hurt anybody.

even 100x100, just like in MSN msnger!

I like it the way they are - common for most forums. There's one forum I visit where its larger and I had to make a whole new avatar for it Besides, I'm on dial-up so the smaller the better

Quote Originally Posted by B3NKobe
    even 100x100, just like in MSN msnger!
    Pfft. I like 'em like they are. Lets have a vote. Kirupa's vote counts for a thousand.

"I'd hit it like the fist of an angry god." - fester8542
    "Yeah but experts are conformist bastards. Ignore their so called "wisdom"!" - Iamthejuggler

Ok, i'm posting a poll.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SENS on dialup hahahaahahah - thought someone as sophisticated as the master sen woulda been on broadband!

Quote Originally Posted by B3NKobe
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SENS on dialup hahahaahahah - thought someone as sophisticated as the master sen woulda been on broadband!
    Indeed OMG Sen you must be ahving a maaajor phone bill Good gracious!

Thread Information