Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: How to activate php_mysql.dll under Apache for PHP5 on Windows

How to activate php_mysql.dll under Apache for PHP5 on Windows

After stunning Syko with accomplishing this, I figured it may help some people here.

1) Start the Apache monitor (Start > Programs > Apache HTTP Server [version] > Control Apache Server > Monitor Apache Servers).

2) Stop the Apache server that is currently running. Keep the monitor open.

3) Go to your Windows folder, look for php.ini, and open it up. Scroll down until you see a list of extensions like this:

;extension=php_mssql.dll
    ;extension=php_msql.dll
    ;extension=php_mysql.dll
    ;extension=php_oci8.dll
    ;extension=php_openssl.dll

4) Remove the ; in front of extension=php_mysql.dll, and save the file. This is what it should look like now:

;extension=php_mssql.dll
    ;extension=php_msql.dll
    extension=php_mysql.dll
    ;extension=php_oci8.dll
    ;extension=php_openssl.dll

5) Go to your PHP root directory (likely c:\php) and look for libmysql.dll. Copy this file to the Windows/System32 folder.

6) Do the same for the file php_mysql.dll in the folder ext, which is also located in your PHP root folder (likely c:\php\ext\php_mysql.dll).

7) Bring the Apache monitor back and start the Apache server again. Now, your PHP should be mysql ready
    Wait, what?

There was no 5th nor 6th step in my setup so that's why it wouldn't work
    Last edited by andr.in; August 30th, 2004 at 12:46 PM.

Member #1 of the "Don't message me your flash questions" cult

Well i think lots of p33ps will benefit from this small tut.. , ofcourse step 5 and 6 could be a little more explained differantly ( some users just dont get it, you will have to spell it out )

Thread Information