The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: ON Rollout-question

ON Rollout-question

I created an image slideshow that starts its animation on mouse rollover/dragover.

When the mouse rolls out, and rolls over again the mc starts from the beginning instead of starting off at the frame where the mouse rolled-out last.

Is there an easy way to tell the movieclip to start from where the mouse last rolled out?

Main time line: 1st frame: still image
    Main time line: 2nd frame: scrollbar component targeting my image slider movie clip.

Right now the button that targets my image slide show has the following code assigned to it:

on (rollOver, dragOver) {
    gotoAndPlay(2);
    }
    on (rollOut, dragOut) {
    gotoAndStop(1);
    }

Thanks to all the genius actionscripters.

billystar
    n/a
    can you post a link? from the sound of it you dont need to use scrolbar... simply have the slideshow in a movie clip and then put a stop command on frame 1 of the movie clip (stops slideshow playing)...then have:

on (rollOver, dragOver) {
    _root.yourmoviename.play();
    }
    on (rollOut, dragOut) {
    _root.yourmoviename.stop();
    }

this will pause the movie...

hope this helps im no expert but...

Thanks for your great advice!

It works BUT I would like the movie to jump back to frame 1 (main timeline (still image) on rollout/dragout. And THEN when you rollover the button that targets the animated slideshow mc it should start where it last left off/paused (on last dragout).

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Unfortunately I don't have a link to it but would you mind me e-mailing the file to you?

Ant help would be great! Thanks a lot!
    Dada

Thread Information