The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: If You're A Coder Or Artiste...

If You're A Coder Or Artiste...

I'm a website designer from Banbridge in Northern Ireland and I'm looking for two other simmilar minded people to form a design company with.
    What I'm looking for is:
    -1 Artist: Someone who can create beautiful artwork for sites.
    -1 Coder: someone who can make all my design ideas work the way I want them to. A strong knowledge of ActionScript is essentially what I need here.

You do not need to be an incredible artist or coder to apply but I do ask that you show me a sample of your work.

Also while living in Northern Ireland would be of great advantage it is not essential as I'm willing to work via email.

Payment will work as follows:
    The total cost of any project in which all three of us are involved will be distributed between everyone proportionately to the the amount of time they put into the project. If, for instance, a website requires little artwork but alot of coding, we will work out the pay accordingly. We can set up a method of pay distribution such as Pay Pal etc.

Feel free to ask any questions about any thing I've said here and I hope to here from you soon.
    Last edited by paddy.; June 24th, 2004 at 01:47 PM.

"I'd hit it like the fist of an angry god." - fester8542
    "Yeah but experts are conformist bastards. Ignore their so called "wisdom"!" - Iamthejuggler

I'm your man as a coder ! Do you have an email address we can talk through ?

You can view some of my ActionScript work at http://www.voetsjoeba.com.
    Wait, what?

paddyrwduke[at]yahoo.co.uk

"Yeah but experts are conformist bastards. Ignore their so called "wisdom"!" - Iamthejuggler

I read your Dewars timeline menu tute on the KF. Wow that is some in depth coding. Yup, you're definitely my man.

At the minute I'm working on a website for my cousin. He's a furniture designer and he wants his site to reflect his designs which are mainly curved so I can see you being excellent at that. It's mostly finished where the basic structure is concerned and it doesn't require an artist.

If you could do some of the coding for me I'd give you say a 20% cut. (I have done most of the actual designing and usability so far and hopefully any extra code shouldn't be too complex.) What do you say? Don't forget that (for this project at least) I might not require your amazing skills.

That's cool We really should have these conversations through email or IM, we'll be spamming the board otherwise.
    Wait, what?

If you're still looking for a designer/artiste send me an email to tubesocks[at]gmail[dot]com
    I've got some free time.

Cool. All we need now are some projects to work on. WAIT! I know a guy who is hoping to get a website. I'll talk to him and try and arrange a price.

I am not an AS coder, but code in Server Side and SQL like a man man.
    Drop me a line if you ever need some of that work.

COLOURlover | www.COLOURlovers.com
    tw: @bubs

Thread Information