Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: Need some help with mp3's and Flash

conkerrulz
    n/a

Need some help with mp3's and Flash

I am using Flash5 and I am making a cdplayer. The problem is the files are big. It comes out to 3.10MB is there a way either in flash or out to shrink the size of the mp3? BTW I am using Blade Encoder to change the .wav into mp3 format.

PeacE
    -BoB

ilyaslamasse
    n/a

Re: Need some help with mp3's and Flash

Well, by definition, MP3 is a compressed format of sound file. So the only solution to decrease the weight of your file is to compress it more with a MP3 producer. You can try a very low frequency and bit rates, but then the sound won't be as good, and the high frenquencies will get mixed with the low frenquencies.

pom
    By the way, how do you get the MP3 to play in your Flash movie ?

conkerrulz
    n/a

To get the MP3 into flash I just go to import file.

PeacE
    -BoB

eyezberg
    n/a

do not put your sounds in the main interface movie, nobody will want to wait for 3mb to download (ok if its offline though), make one clip with just the cdplayer desing, button actions loadmovie to bring in the sounds you put in separate swfs.
    and don't use blade, import your wav, much better quality, and use flash to compress (see other topic on sound here also..)
    i hope this is clear, it's a bit short..

jl999
    n/a

I've about the same question. My mp3 file is quite big and I just want to use portion of the file. How do I handle it - to import part of the file. And how do I exactly use the specific portion of the song. Thanks for help.

eyezberg
    n/a

you need to cut out the part you want to use in a sound editor like Cool Edit or Sound Forge, and import only that bit.

jl999
    n/a

Thank you for your information, eyezberg. I think I've to take some time to study a new stuff. it's new to me. Thanks.

conkerrulz
    n/a

Thanks alot.

PeacE
    -BoB

Thread Information