Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: Christmas Card for a Building Society

Christmas Card for a Building Society

Hi guys I have to come up with a christmas card for a building society, aka The Hanley. This card will be designed and placed in html code for sending via email. Basically I am asking for any ideas that people may have, ok so its a building society, can anyone related Christmas around this from a design and cool quote perspective, I felt maybe I may get some positive feedback from all those brains out there, hoping for some good ideas if anyone cares to share .

Trev

I dont know exactly what a building society does? excuse me if that is a dumb question but I dont know

shane-c....Your site is a lot like a transvestite in that respect.
    fester8542.I'd hit it like the fist of an angry God .
    JoshuaJonah.I design for DDD. Then clients usually like it, and the ladies find me more attractive.
    Cybercode Albert Einstein Said that my math teacher has that on his wall

K-Emmys-06: Best "Best Mod" K-Emmys-06: Best "Most Creative Critic"

Member #1 of the "I wont critique Timmytot's designs anymore" club

A building Society, offers such things as insurance, credit cards, mortgages, and stuff like this. I am guessing if you do not know what a building society is you cannot really help me, however I hope you understand what it is now.

Trev

is this your full time job.

becuase it is so lame you come here and ask people to do the work for you (ok not for you but it is close to it)

his just asking for some ideas..
    thats not lame.
    kei.ohnishi.net

Originally posted by XX--XX--XX
    is this your full time job.

becuase it is so lame you come here and ask people to do the work for you (ok not for you but it is close to it)
    A little more respect here wouldn't go amiss. Inspiration comes from many different sources.
    - Kit

yes but if it's you job then you should be able to do it yourself.

I am a web designer but i don't go around taking people ideas to profit from them.

Why not it's easy money?

you should not being doing the job if you can't do stuff yourself.

it's ****ing sad people think like that

where does inspiration cross the line into plagerism

Originally posted by XX--XX--XX
    you should not being doing the job if you can't do stuff yourself.

it's ****ing sad people think like that
    interesting how this is the only thread you bothered to post in... That and your so descriptive and imaginative s/n. looks as though someone has a grudge with the thread owner...

if you had taken the time to look at at few other threads, you would see that here, at Kirupaforums, we welcome input, criticism, suggestions, etc.

I suggest appologizing, and becoming a positive member of this community. So far, I haven't seen anything but a bunch of negative input which has nothing to do with the topic. Otherwise, you may find your privelidges here greatly modified.

Rev

FAO : XX-XX-XX

Well youíre a fool XXX. Do you really think that what you think up has not already been done somewhere in the world already. Inspiration thanks to the other useful inputs comes from many different areas.

I see you have a problem! Then donít flippin answer the question. In fact I am a web designer not really a graphic designer, and I do work for a team, whereby one of the team members has left, i.e. the - """"GRAPHIC DESIGNER""""! So I am doing two job roles so donít you flippin knock me back, when you have no idea what you are talking about in the first place.

Thanks to all that backed me up and the purpose of this forum.

And yes itís my full time job where I have been working for a month coming out of University into the big world of business, so sod off if other people could give ideas from time to time.

Thankfully I came up with the product that the client was pleased with.

I just hope anymore questions I may come up with in the future and equally any input is not knocked by know all's like your sad self.

dude xx_xx_xx

Take a chill pill man! This is a community and some of us are accomplish and some may not be. But the key here is the playing field is level everyones voice has equal power and you are abusing it by spewing such negative crap from your pie hole. Just dont post to the thread if you dont wish to help.

sheeeesh....people

shane-c....Your site is a lot like a transvestite in that respect.
    fester8542.I'd hit it like the fist of an angry God .
    JoshuaJonah.I design for DDD. Then clients usually like it, and the ladies find me more attractive.
    Cybercode Albert Einstein Said that my math teacher has that on his wall

K-Emmys-06: Best "Best Mod" K-Emmys-06: Best "Most Creative Critic"

Member #1 of the "I wont critique Timmytot's designs anymore" club

It comes down to........ if there are 2000 lines of code on a Html page. if I use 30 of them is that copyright, plagarism or whatever you wish to call it. I use someone elses style sheet and rename all the styles and incorporate it into my design.

Where do you draw the line.

As a matter of interest I think that you can use 5 seconds of audio from an existing astists release before it becomes copyright!

Originally posted by Laslett

As a matter of interest I think that you can use 5 seconds of audio from an existing astists release before it becomes copyright!
    incorrect. any amount of a tune reproduced without the expressed written consent of the copyright owner is a violation.

We have a thread somewhere on the forum where it was dragged up from the bowels of the law books and brutally displayed for us...

Rev

Thread Information