The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: Collision in Flash 4

transfer
    n/a

Collision in Flash 4

I have a problem. I can only do this project in Flash 4 and I need to make a movie clip go to another frame label if it is in collision with another movie clip ( a ball and a cube). Is this possible in Flash 4 ?

kirupa
    n/a

Re: Collision in Flash 4

Hello,
    I looked around for an answer, but I couldn't find any that would answer your question. Try posting on Flashkit's Flash 4 forum: board.flashkit.com/board/...?forumid=3 I know they will be able to help you out!

thoriphes
    n/a

Re: Collision in Flash 4

well, what you can actually do is use the "Set Variable" action and find the x and y coordinates of the ball, use two variables for the x and y coords of the ball, then do the same for the cube. now, kirupa maybe you'll want to help me on this.
    now with four variables, you can do an "if [ball-x-y-coord] = [cube-x-y-coord], goto [this frame]"
    this is just a guess, cause i've never done something like this and i haven't used flash 4 in a while.
    play around with it a bit, experiment!

Thread Information