Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: Debug javascript on mobile

Debug javascript on mobile

Hi all

How do you debug / trace JAVASCRIPT on mobile. I understand that I can use <div> tag and output something right on a screen but I need to have alot of output during switching web pages.

Flash does allow me debug swf right on my Android phone with remote debugger.

Can I set JVASCRIPT for remote debug/trace with Dreamweaver, Aptana, Eclipse??

Thanks in advance.

If you are using an iPhone, you can enable debug console under settings for safari. In android, you can see them in logcat. However to see an object with its key values, you need to convert it to string or loop. Simply logging the object would just print [object] or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by kadaj View Post
    In android, you can see them in logcat.
    Can I read logcat in real time from remote computer?

Give weinre a try.

Quote Originally Posted by LOLFlash View Post
    Can I read logcat in real time from remote computer?
    Oh no! You can do that only if it is an android (web) app. In case of mobile website running on android browser, I don't know. There doesn't seem to be any debug console for android browsers.
    Last edited by kadaj; August 9th, 2012 at 06:53 AM.

I did try Adobe Shadow and it using Weinre looks like.
    2 problems
    1.tooooo slow
    2. cant debug css on Android 2.3 HTC EVO 3D

May be it is Shadow issue.
    Thank you gamera

I will try weinre stand alone

Thread Information