Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: Flash to html5

Flash to html5

Hi,

I am working on a flash project which needs to be converted to html5. How is it possible to do that? The project has multiple interactive swf's with hotspots and are loaded on button click. I have already tried the embed tag for swf in html5 but it will then not play in mobile phones and ipad.

Thanks in advance.

Well you basicly have to recreate the entire project with jQuery/Javascript and the Canvas element, I did this once and it's pretty ugly take a look over here to get inspired:
    wwwDOTmariusposthumusDOTnl/postmaadvies

It's Dutch but youll understand what to do
    As3 / JS/jQuery / HTML5 / CSS(3) / PHP (intermediate)

rubyruby
    n/a
    I don't know why they'd call it just HTML5 when javascript is needed for Canvas.

As far as I'm concerned there is no 'html 5 only' animation. at least Css3 or javascript is needed.

HTML5 is an umbrella term that encompasses the latest and greatest flavor of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. You can have an all-JS solution and still be an HTML5 application.

Great, now even Kirupa is { facebooking | twittering }

Thanks for all your replies. Can you please post some additional links?

What kind of links did you have in mind? There isn't really a tutorial to guide you on doing this, it's a lot of trial and error.

Hi, I am looking for good tutorials and sample animations in javascript along with source code.Thanks

Well like I said in my first post, check out that site(it's mine) and how I created the animations and stuff

Thread Information