Thread: Flash to html5

Flash to html5

Hi,

I am working on a flash project which needs to be converted to html5. How is it possible to do that? The project has multiple interactive swf's with hotspots and are loaded on button click. I have already tried the embed tag for swf in html5 but it will then not play in mobile phones and ipad.

Thanks in advance.

Well you basicly have to recreate the entire project with jQuery/Javascript and the Canvas element, I did this once and it's pretty ugly take a look over here to get inspired:
    wwwDOTmariusposthumusDOTnl/postmaadvies

It's Dutch but youll understand what to do
    As3 / JS/jQuery / HTML5 / CSS(3) / PHP (intermediate)

rubyruby
    n/a
    I don't know why they'd call it just HTML5 when javascript is needed for Canvas.

As far as I'm concerned there is no 'html 5 only' animation. at least Css3 or javascript is needed.

HTML5 is an umbrella term that encompasses the latest and greatest flavor of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. You can have an all-JS solution and still be an HTML5 application.

Great, now even Kirupa is { facebooking | twittering }

Thanks for all your replies. Can you please post some additional links?

What kind of links did you have in mind? There isn't really a tutorial to guide you on doing this, it's a lot of trial and error.

Hi, I am looking for good tutorials and sample animations in javascript along with source code.Thanks

Well like I said in my first post, check out that site(it's mine) and how I created the animations and stuff

Thread Information