Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: How do you write the following Flex code to AS3?

How do you write the following Flex code to AS3?

Code:
    [Embed(source="/assets/green_word.png")]
    private var greenTexture:Class;
    Programmer/Game Designer
    http://www.typographist.com

i believe the declaration needs to come previous to the metatag - (getter/setters to follow when required)

also not certain you can type as a Class (might work) - but should probably opt for BitmapData

Wrong on both counts

Your so called "Flex code" is AS3. If you're trying to compile with Flash CS, you will need to use the Flex compiler. If you don't want to do that, put the image in your movie's library.

You could also possibly load it at run time.
    Proud Montanadian
    We tolerate living and breathing. And niches.

Name Brand Watches

Maybe getTimer() or TweenMax is the answer to your problem . . .

LMAO! thanks a lot C

yeah took about two seconds of searching to confirm that LOL! but... i had done some reading in the Docs once upon a time, that seemed to specify the order was important, pretty sure it was claiming prop first, tag, g/s - perhaps it was related to components specifically, not certain, and hell if i can find it atm HA!

Thread Information