Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: SHARE: jQuery HTML5 particleSystem

Hybrid View

SHARE: jQuery HTML5 particleSystem

I've been working on this, and playing with this for a few days now.
    I just thought maybe my fellow kirupians will find this interesting, or would like to change some stuff, add some stuff etc...

www.mariusposthumus.nl/particles

Enjoy!

MJ

MJ - that is really cool! I didn't notice it at first, but you even handle collisions really well Have you considered writing a tutorial on how to do this?

Great, now even Kirupa is { facebooking | twittering }

Thanks for the compliment. Well I have to be honest with you, most of the collission stuff I learned/took from a tutorial, it's all basic formula's based on each circle's radius and the possible distance to the next. But I'd be happy to create a tutorial if people are interested

I've been trying to figure out how to achieve a similar effect like this:
    http://www.spielzeugz.de/html5/liquid-particles.html

having the particles interact with the mouse

Thread Information