Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: Encrypt ActionScript in SWF

Afrostyle Encrypt ActionScript in SWF

Does anyone know really working encryption, obfuscation software to make it a bit harder to decode the source from SWF?

I have tried demo from html magic, it doesn't work at all, after protecting swf it wont play, loader finishes the job and I am left with blank page

SWF Encrypt is the only I know that seems to do what it says on the tin. But even that isn't foolproof. Basically, if something can be obfuscated, it can also be unobfuscated. The only really working way to prevent anyone from decompiling your code is to not put it online in the first place.
    2006-11 GlosRFC - Searching 8,168,684,336 brain cells

Thanks I will have a go with the one you mentioned. You are absolutely right about not publishing online to be perfectly sure. But if you are not popular and very few people know your site it may actually help as the real hackers won't even know about the stuff to decrypt even if they knew they wouldn't probably bother anyway

Thread Information