Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's next for this site?

What's next for this site?

Hey everyone,
    Since this is a new year, I was wondering what you all think is the next area that this site should focus on? In case you haven't been to the home page in a while, the site is still primarily Flash focused with a small portion of Silverlight / Windows Phone stuff strewn in.

I have no plans of stopping any of that, but I was curious to know what you all think would be the next area to focus writing tutorials on?

Cheers,
    Kirupa

That's a great question k-man! I love you btw.

HTML5 seems to be getting quite a lot of buzz, and it seems like a natural progression for this site to cover this. Besides JS and AS being so similar, a lot of you probably are dabbling or will soon dabble in both as part of your work as well. Given that, it wouldn't be a quantum leap to start writing a bit on HTML5 and its related ilk.

That sounds pretty splendid. I'd love to see some iPhone/Android development stuff sometime, as well. I also love you btw.
    Proud Montanadian
    You want a toe? I can get you a toe... Hell, I can get you a toe by three o'clock this afternoon, with nail polish.

JavaScript with html 5 tutorials.
    iPhone development tutorials.
    May be Python tutorials as well

Html5!!

Perhaps some more game related content? As games have gradually become a bigger component of the Flash industry, I'm sure there are a fair few people on this site that it would interest.

Flash tutorials !

Another vote for the iPhone dev section here
    In My Restless Dreams...

More advanced stuff in people's favorite subject areas.

+1 iphone and android development

I would be happy to contribute HTML5-y stuff if you choose to go that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by rumblesushi View Post
    Perhaps some more game related content? As games have gradually become a bigger component of the Flash industry, I'm sure there are a fair few people on this site that it would interest.
    I like this suggestion. I've been doing nothing but Flash games for the last year-ish, mostly on Facebook, and I'd be happy to contribute to that sort of thing.

off topic:
    -------------------------

Hey Ryan, haven't seen you around lately. I... I've missed you.

Proud Montanadian
    You want a toe? I can get you a toe... Hell, I can get you a toe by three o'clock this afternoon, with nail polish.

Quote Originally Posted by shane-c View Post

off topic:

Hey Ryan, haven't seen you around lately. I... I've missed you.

off topic:

Thanks! Life has been crazy lately, but I'm back now.

off topic:

Glad to hear it.

Proud Montanadian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information