Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's next for this site?

What's next for this site?

Hey everyone,
    Since this is a new year, I was wondering what you all think is the next area that this site should focus on? In case you haven't been to the home page in a while, the site is still primarily Flash focused with a small portion of Silverlight / Windows Phone stuff strewn in.

I have no plans of stopping any of that, but I was curious to know what you all think would be the next area to focus writing tutorials on?

Cheers,
    Kirupa

That's a great question k-man! I love you btw.

HTML5 seems to be getting quite a lot of buzz, and it seems like a natural progression for this site to cover this. Besides JS and AS being so similar, a lot of you probably are dabbling or will soon dabble in both as part of your work as well. Given that, it wouldn't be a quantum leap to start writing a bit on HTML5 and its related ilk.

That sounds pretty splendid. I'd love to see some iPhone/Android development stuff sometime, as well. I also love you btw.
    Proud Montanadian
    You want a toe? I can get you a toe... Hell, I can get you a toe by three o'clock this afternoon, with nail polish.

JavaScript with html 5 tutorials.
    iPhone development tutorials.
    May be Python tutorials as well

Html5!!

Perhaps some more game related content? As games have gradually become a bigger component of the Flash industry, I'm sure there are a fair few people on this site that it would interest.

Flash tutorials !

Another vote for the iPhone dev section here
    In My Restless Dreams...

More advanced stuff in people's favorite subject areas.

+1 iphone and android development

I would be happy to contribute HTML5-y stuff if you choose to go that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by rumblesushi View Post
    Perhaps some more game related content? As games have gradually become a bigger component of the Flash industry, I'm sure there are a fair few people on this site that it would interest.
    I like this suggestion. I've been doing nothing but Flash games for the last year-ish, mostly on Facebook, and I'd be happy to contribute to that sort of thing.

off topic:
    -------------------------

Hey Ryan, haven't seen you around lately. I... I've missed you.

Proud Montanadian
    You want a toe? I can get you a toe... Hell, I can get you a toe by three o'clock this afternoon, with nail polish.

Quote Originally Posted by shane-c View Post

off topic:

Hey Ryan, haven't seen you around lately. I... I've missed you.

off topic:

Thanks! Life has been crazy lately, but I'm back now.

off topic:

Glad to hear it.

Proud Montanadian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information