The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interview - rumblesushi!

Clipboard Interview - rumblesushi!

Well I guess we know whose interview is coming next now.

I have my best Canadian diplomats on it as we speak!

Thanks Kirupa.
    RumbleShushi it was great reading your interview
    Cyber cookie. I want one!!

so, rumblesushi can defeat Chuck Norris huh...
    ^ Don't listen to this guy, he's wrong.

Having watched Duran throw in the towel against Sugar Ray Leonard (no mas, no mas), I think I can confidently claim receipt of that cookie.
    2006-11 GlosRFC - Searching 8,168,684,336 brain cells

Hi dudes.

Thanks Excog but I'm afraid I'm going to have to give the cookie to glos, as he has either legitimately seen Duran, or made the effort of reading about him

And glos, I take it you haven't seen the fight in Montreal where Duran became the only man to slap around a peak Leonard, having moved up 2 weight divisions?

And kirupa, interesting See Emily Play video too, I haven't seen that. Shame it doesn't have Syd in it though, seeing as it's his song. I want to find a Syd video now.

OMG, not just defeat, obliterate.

Haha do you ask the questions and answer them?
    Proud Montanadian
    We tolerate living and breathing. And niches.

Name Brand Watches

Maybe getTimer() or TweenMax is the answer to your problem . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TheCanadian View Post
    Haha do you ask the questions and answer them?
    That's allowed actually He also answered almost every single question on that list even though he only had to answer about 10.

You have some big shoes to fill with your interview TC

Watched that one too, although I didn't agree with the unanimous decision at the time. Leonard was always a boxer, Duran a brawler. I also saw his fight with that other brawler of the time...Marvin Hagler. That decade was a golden age in the lower divisions - the epic bouts between Colin Jones and Milton McCrory; Benn and Eubank; Curry versus Honeyghan to name just a few.
    2006-11 GlosRFC - Searching 8,168,684,336 brain cells

about the aliens. you should at least have a nice board with a nail in it.

Quote Originally Posted by kirupa View Post
    You have some big shoes to fill with your interview TC
    By big shoes to fill do you mean I need to aimlessly insult other members?
    Proud Montanadian
    We tolerate living and breathing. And niches.

Name Brand Watches

Maybe getTimer() or TweenMax is the answer to your problem . . .

Quote Originally Posted by glosrfc View Post
    Watched that one too, although I didn't agree with the unanimous decision at the time. Leonard was always a boxer, Duran a brawler. I also saw his fight with that other brawler of the time...Marvin Hagler. That decade was a golden age in the lower divisions - the epic bouts between Colin Jones and Milton McCrory; Benn and Eubank; Curry versus Honeyghan to name just a few.
    You didn't agree with the decision? Duran absolutely dominated the fight. Outlanded Leonard at least 2 to 1, jabbed his way in, bullied him into the ropes, landed hard body shots.

There were a few rounds where Leonard tried to box, and Duran still got the better of him, fairly early in the fight especially, evading Leonard's flurries and landing hard counter right hands.

Duran wasn't close to being a brawler by the way. He could box, and he's the most skilled attacking fighter of all time.

He has the best defense of any attacking fighter in boxing history by a mile. He's the only fighter I've seen to be able to come forward quickly, simultaneously slip punches and counter effortlessly.

Usually fighters are either on offense or defense. Duran integrated both perfectly.

By the way Hagler is also not even close to being a brawler. Not as skilled as Duran, but by no means a brawler.

Nigel Benn was a brawler, pretty much. So is someone like Antonio Plasterito.

I watched The Fighter last night so now I know more about this than all of you. Mark Wahlberg is the greatest boxer mankind has ever known.
    Proud Montanadian
    You want a toe? I can get you a toe... Hell, I can get you a toe by three o'clock this afternoon, with nail polish.

Funnily enough that film is based on Micky Ward who really is a brawler/glorified clubfighter.

A kind of borderline world class club fighter.

How is he portrayed in the film? Do you think it's worth watching?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information