Thread: Firewalls

Firewalls

ello

can anyone recommend a good firewall for me? I've been using ZoneAlarm but I find it slows my connection down a lot and makes messenger freeze all the time. Better still are there any free ones out there?

Cheers

windows xp has a built in firewall...

i used zonealarm for awhile but had the same problem you were having...it was pretty much a piece of junk.

for now, i've just been using the windows xp firewall along with peer guardian. i believe a router (an actual piece of hardware) is the best way to go if you really want security. they're only $40 or so.

-teet

cheers, I'm on 2k pro tho might look into a router

TINY Personal Firewall ... that's what I'm using now. I don't think you can get it free anymore. You can try though.

Go to download.com and check out the user ratings of the firewalls on there. It's a good decision.

i'd use zonealarm. its pretty good. thats wat i use.

I've been using ZoneAlarm but I find it slows my connection down a lot and makes messenger freeze all the time.

-teet

ZoneAlarm locks down your computer way to much and slows it down. Right now I'm using Norton Personal Firewall 2003 and Verio Personal Firewall

I'm using Norton Personal Firewall 2003 too, but it is a real slow program when you need to change some settings, but otherwise it's fine

Thread Information