The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: PHP: ...read error...??

PHP: ...read error...??

OK...so...I uploaded 3 files...eroare.php.txt is the php script (you just change the extension), eroare.txt is the file that is needed by the script (it is also what the browser should output), and 1.txt is what the browser actually outputs...
    Can anyone tell what am I doing wrong?
    Thank you very much.

PS: this script is just for testing another script which currently isn't working....until I figure out what the problem is....anyway....you just focus on the uploaded files....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Are you sure that the problem isn't just the browser ignoring the whitespace? If you view the source code of the page you will likely find the line breaks in where you expected them to be.

Note that you can tell PHP to send out a straight-up text file (so the browser displays it into a monospaced font and never ignores whitespace) by changing the content-type as so:

PHP Code:
    header("Content-Type: text/plain;"); 
    Hope that helps
    "60% of the time it works... every time." -- Paul Rudd as Brian Fantana.

Thread Information