The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: Delete User link on list of users?

Delete User link on list of users?

In my continuing effort to learn PHP I decided to work on a registration system as a project for fun. I have a "View Users" page that would list the users with a link to "Delete" for admins.

The book I was referencing for help redirects to a "deleteuser.php" type page where you then have to confirm if you want to do that or not.

I would prefer to simply just a JS Confirm pop up box to ask if they are sure (or something along those lines) and if they click 'ok' it will execute.

So my question is, what is the best way to set it up so that if I were to click 'ok' on the confirm box, the query would be executed?

You need AJAX to do this. Learn about it here: http://www.w3schools.com/ajax/default.asp . Basically this technique allows JS to call a PHP script without reloading the page.

I don't mind if the page reloads, I just don't want to redirect to a different page altogether, is that possible?

Thread Information