The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: Error message when entering localhost/phpmyadmin i browser

Error message when entering localhost/phpmyadmin i browser

Hi!

I'm new to Wamp, PHP and MySql.

I'm developing a Joomla site locally using Wamp server 2.0 Now i'm about to put the site online and also upload the database files. But when I enter 'localhost/phpmyadmin' in the browser, I get this error message:

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

and:

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

I will appreciate any help!

/Kasper

Are you using this WAMP? http://www.wampserver.com/en/download.php
    It's the one that I always use. It requires no setup; you can connect to the database through PHPMyAdmin right out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDreamer View Post
    Are you using this WAMP? http://www.wampserver.com/en/download.php
    It's the one that I always use. It requires no setup; you can connect to the database through PHPMyAdmin right out of the box.
    Thanks for your reply!

Yes, I'm using the WAMP you're reffering to - though the PHP is version 5.2.9-1 and MySQL is version 5.1.33, so it's a bit older than the one's available now (if it that makes any difference!?).

But it still doesn't work, so I'm a bit lost. Any other suggestions?

Thread Information