The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: Photography based CMS...

Photography based CMS...

Hi there,

I design a lot of Photography websites using flash and am looking for a simple CMS solution to update images and edit text pages. Most of the CMS's out there seem overly complicated and full of many features that I just don't need, does anyone know of any php based CMS that would meet the following requirements:

1. Need to be able to edit txt files.
    2. Need to be able to upload multiple image files at once.
    3. Image needs to be re-sized on upload to a specific either height or width (depending on the site).
    4. Need to be able to create a thumbnail from the image by grabbing a selection / cropping new image (again to a specific size depending on the site).
    5. Need to be able to change the image order of the images online without re-uploading everything, so they would be re-named as 1.jpg, 2.jpg, 3.jpg etc
    6. I would need to be able to update the CMS depending on each site, so some sites might need thumbnails, some would not, some might need more/less text pages etc.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Bob
    www.bobcooper.org.uk
    --
    BC DESIGN
    Creative Design For Creative People

www.bobcooper.org.uk

I seem to remember somebody on ##flash recently saying that http://www.secretarycms.com/ is a good CMS for this, but I can't honestly say that I have ever used it. They have a public demo that you can play about in it with.
    "60% of the time it works... every time." -- Paul Rudd as Brian Fantana.

Thread Information