Thread: Help with using PHP

Help with using PHP

HI. I am trying to make a form using PHP and Dreamweaver to email me the results when it is submitted I've tried several different tutorials but can't seem to get this to work. When the form submit button is pushed it sends me to the PHP page instead of sending to the Thank you page and emailing me the results. Any ideas??

Thank you,
    duckie

PHP Code:
    $email "some@server.com";
    $subject "Blabla";
    $message "Hello world";
    if ( 
    mail($email$subject$message) ) {

header("location:thankyou.php");
    } else {

header("location:error.php");

AS2 / AS3 / JS / JQUERY / (X)HTML / HTML5 / CSS / CSS3 / PHP

Thank you. So this is all i need in my PHP? and then change to my email address. so when I hit submit it should go to my thank you page and email me the results??

I googled "php contact form tutorial" and the #1 result was actually on kirupa.com... Check this out:

http://www.kirupa.com/web/php_contact_form.htm

If that doesn't get you closer, let us know. Good luck!

I followed this step by step but it still just goes to the PHP I hit submit?!?!?!?

Never mind I have figured out what I was doing wrong on this! THANK you for your help!!!!

Well I had it working with the tutorial but when I use my own form I cannot get it to work correctly. When you have several questions of radio buttons do they all receive the "name=radio" and same with checkbox?

It depends. Each "group" of radio buttons get the same name and different values. Then, when the form is submitted, the value of the radio button that was checked gets put into the hash with a key that is the same as the name. If you can't get it working, post your code with an explanation of what you're expecting it to do and we can probably get it going.

Thread Information