The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: How to I make an XML policy file?

XML policy file nonsense?

How do I make an XML policy file and what action script will I need?

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flash/8/ma...=00001621.html
    Last edited by Kaitenshin; July 26th, 2009 at 09:34 AM.

XML policy files are (mostly) only for situations where you're loading textual data (or other media you want to access raw data for) from a domain other than the one from which your SWF is being hosted.

If, for example, you have a SWF on www.Kaitenshin.com/movie.html and want to load, say, an XML feed from www.senocular.com/feed.xml, then a cross domain policy file would need to be placed on senocular.com by me indicating that I allow that data to be loaded and used by you. If you happen to have control of the domain you're loading data from, then you can define the policy file yourself, but it's not something you would create "with" the SWF. It's something for other domains to allow SWFs on other domains to download and use their data.

As for the file itself, it's just a text file with a .xml extension with the format described in the page you linked.

Thread Information