The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.


Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Alternative to TileList

  1. #1

    Pallete Alternative to TileList

    Hello all, as you can see I'm new to forums. I've been using Flash for a little while and I'm being slowly trained up by my employers.

    I've got a question for you gurus out there - I'm looking for a lightweight alternative to the TileList component. I'm currently designing and developing an MPU Ad Creative that references an XML doc and pulls in four FLVs and their appropriate meta data. These videos will then be playable in the merch window, and there will be some opt-in data capture going on as well.

    I've got a prototype going at the moment that grabs the XML and populates a TileList, and then uses ListEvent Listeners to add functionality to each of the ImageCells. All working fine, except that the file size is already at 47k without any of the data capture form fields in there. This is already over the TZ polite-load limit, and I've only added maybe 60% of the functionality. When I remove the TileList class, the swf shrinks down to 3k (a much nicer size ), and even after adding the remaining 40% I can't see this going much above 15k.

    So, anyone know of anything I could use to replace TileList? I thought about creating my own class that holds all the information for each Video I need, but I thought I should check first to see if there are any other alternatives.

    Thanks in advance, and apologies if this question is a festering pile of noobishness.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by HoldingUpTheBar View Post
    ...I thought about creating my own class that holds all the information for each Video I need, but I thought I should check first to see if there are any other alternatives.
    Yeah, some components such as that have quite a large footprint. I'd make sure own if you're comfortable enough with AS. Or, look for a third party component that achieves what you need at a much lower weight - might try here.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Home About kirupa.com Meet the Moderators Advertise

 Link to Us

 Credits

Copyright 1999 - 2012