The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: No Flash? How to redirect to a HTML version of my site

No Flash? How to redirect to a HTML version of my site

I'm developing a website based in flash. I'm aware that a lot of people out there still don't have the flash player installed, and in a lot of offices are limited by adminstrator privileges to do so. Often people get annoyed at this and there is the chance that they will not view the site.

Is there anyway if someone access my website, and they don't have flash that they can be automatically directed to the HTML version of my site? How would I do this?

thanks in advance!!!

you could create an splash page and given an option for the visitor to choose the version ..please note that , there is a buzz around saying that SE hate splash pages, please confirm the same before you proceed further

Quote Originally Posted by lowmoan View Post
    I'm developing a website based in flash. I'm aware that a lot of people out there still don't have the flash player installed, and in a lot of offices are limited by adminstrator privileges to do so. Often people get annoyed at this and there is the chance that they will not view the site.

Is there anyway if someone access my website, and they don't have flash that they can be automatically directed to the HTML version of my site? How would I do this?

thanks in advance!!!
    Kirupa has a Flash Detection Script

Once you've determined that it does not have Flash, just use javascript to redirect to your new (HTML-only) link:
    Code:
    window.location = "http://domain.com/htmlOnlyPage.html"

Thread Information