I have heard a little bit about comprehensive back-end solutions, and I've found many developers discussing these two languages as the were capable of something beyond PHP and ASP alone.
In one hand, we have Javers talking about 'tranquility', wider range of related Open Source projects and license-free solutions.
In other hand .Netters are yelding easyness of the learning curves, projects build at the speed of sound, the 8th wonder of development by using Visual Studio, and very decent Documentations.
I would like to know the truth inside everyone here about this theme. So I'll let below some of the questions that are buggin my times. Any contribbution will be appreciated.
1. Why are JAVA and .NET beyond the capabilities of PHP and our old ASP, in terms of web-development?
2. JAVA has more avaliable resources than .NET? What or what kind of resources are these?
3. Is JAVA complex to code? Is it easier to learn .NET? Why?
4. License-free applications are really making the difference for client-budgets? What's your experience?
5. JAVA is really lazy in compairson with .NET developments? Why?
6. Is Visual Studio really supperior than, for example, Eclipse? What is your experience on that?
7. JAVA documentation is really that sh* everyone is talking about, when .NET documentation comes into battleground?
8. What tool should suit the best, if we consider 'exclusively' the integration with RIA (Flash/Flex/AIR) front-end applications?
9. What do you really thing about this match? Why and what would be your final choice?
Tanks very for each of your oppinions!