The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: Atan2 trouble

Afrostyle Atan2 trouble

I have a kind of... well... tower defence game kinda deal that i'm making and there are a small problem with it.

I want the bullet to fire in the direction that the turret is facing and continue along that path. i already have everything else.

also i would like the turret to stick every 10 pixles to the grid... any way to do that?

please download the file and see what you can do. its also quite a cool game so you can have a look at the script too.

:-D thanks,

Stupid Saint

game on next reply
    Last edited by stupidsaint; July 29th, 2008 at 02:31 PM. Reason: didnt attach the game

Quote Originally Posted by stupidsaint View Post
    I have a kind of... well... tower defence game kinda deal that i'm making and there are a small problem with it.

I want the bullet to fire in the direction that the turret is facing and continue along that path. i already have everything else.

please download the file and see what you can do. its also quite a cool game so you can have a look at the script too.

:-D thanks,

Stupid Saint
    oops forgot to attach game lol

Stupid Saint
    Attached Files Attached Files

uhm, atan2 is for turning coordinates into an angle. use sin/cos like this:

_x += cos(angle) * speed;
    _y += sin(angle) * speed;

and just set angle to whatever angle the tower is facing when the bullet spawns

Thread Information