The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: Quiz problem (noob here need help.,)

Afrostyle Quiz problem (noob here need help.,)

I have already made the animations for the question but I don't know how to track of the choice the user was made. And my application is composed of different .swf files of different categories. And one of my   colleague suggested that all question and choices be in a database and also the user must login to track who's taking the Quiz., anyone has idea here?.., hope to get meaningful reply thanks in advance., God Bless!

Do you know if your using Actionscript 2 or actionscript 3? Either the way it sounds like you might need to use amfphp and a mysql database to log users in and record questions... It's really not as tough as it sounds, especially if you have a webhost that allows for mysql databases and allows you to run php scripts.

As for the problem of tracking what the user has clicked on, it might help if we could upload what you've done so far so we can have a look at it, I've never made a flash app using lots of .swf files before... Could each swf not just be converted into a movieclip symbol and then imported into a single flash file? I would imagine that would make life a bit easier.

Fla Box db

Quote Originally Posted by andrew2110 View Post
    Do you know if your using Actionscript 2 or actionscript 3? Either the way it sounds like you might need to use amfphp and a mysql database to log users in and record questions... It's really not as tough as it sounds, especially if you have a webhost that allows for mysql databases and allows you to run php scripts.

As for the problem of tracking what the user has clicked on, it might help if we could upload what you've done so far so we can have a look at it, I've never made a flash app using lots of .swf files before... Could each swf not just be converted into a movieclip symbol and then imported into a single flash file? I would imagine that would make life a bit easier.
    and a bit heavy to load too.
    making a lot of .swf's will have a lot of preloads, however, smaller than a big preload that loads even what you don't need.

@xxxheeroxxx
    wanna see one of these apps running?
    bluefire.ne1.net
    it's my web site, it's full editable(from the menu to the contents. but u must login first);

you want something similar, don't you?

use easyPHP while testing your app
    (easyPHP = PHP + mySQL + Apache)

I think i had a connection script somewhere... then you could connect to the database...
    ok, found it;

- I don't remember exactly how to use it, but you already have the tools ^^

the config.sys is where you put the db username, the pass, and the db name.
    Attached Files Attached Files

"A human can interpret missing logic but a computer can't." - wkt
    "That goes into the 'too bad' box." - TOdorus
    "This is a three year old thread, there's no reason to post here..." - flyingmonkey456
    "Despite beeing the oposite, they look very similar to me." - SparK

Thread Information