Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: duplicating and removing enemies

duplicating and removing enemies

Ive started this game and got to the point where i need to add the enemies. I got a single enemy that comes on the screen at a random speed and when you click him he dies but i want more than one enemy to come. I also want it so that the enemy gets removed when it is dead. I know I have to use a removemovieclip thing but i just cant do it. Ive attached the file so you can have a look and maybe add some more code. Any help would be gr8
    Attached Files Attached Files

(I didn't look at the files)

delete your enemy from screen
    go to the library and export it with the name you want (eg:"enemy")
    then use the following command to put the enemy on stage
    Code:
    attachMovie("enemy", "enemy"+i++, 1000+i);
    when the enemy die you write
    Code:
    this.removeMovieClip();
    in the enemy's code
    or
    Code:
    _root.enemyI.removeMovieClip();
    elsewhere
    (I = number)

before I say anything else yes I am a noob I just cant seem to add the code to anywhere to get it to work. Could someone just add the code for me so I could see where to put it. It would be much easier. Thanks for the help any way and I sort of understand the code it is just where to put it i dont get.

Afrostyle

Please help I am completely stuck.

Fla Script

if you don't like the changes i made, go ahead and throw a ton of those red killer balls on me
    and a gun too...

ps: nice game

ps2: new smilies!

"A human can interpret missing logic but a computer can't." - wkt
    "That goes into the 'too bad' box." - TOdorus
    "This is a three year old thread, there's no reason to post here..." - flyingmonkey456
    "Despite beeing the oposite, they look very similar to me." - SparK

thank you very much. I have made a new enemy and would like it so that less of these enemies come in as the other ones. And Also that when a certain ammount of enemies have come for example 10 swordsmen and 5 archers. to go and play the next frame. Also I would like it so that the enemies have health instead of one hit dead. If you could do this for me it would be a great help. I have attached the new file with the archer on. Thanks again
    Also I would like it so that you cannot kill more than 1 enemy at a time.
    Last edited by sam_vickery; July 21st, 2008 at 01:33 PM.

Thread Information