I currently hate Adobe. Y'Know why? Because its program seems to believe that my policy file is improperly formatted. I looked up how to make a log for the policyfiles, and currently have a policy file being loaded (by the name 'crossdomain.xml') into the swf, with the following in it:
When I use the debugger flash to open localhost/xmlSocket.swf, the log for policyfiles gets the following entry:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<allow-access-from domain="*" />
<allow-http-request-headers-from domain="*" headers="*"/>
I've tried about thirty variations on the xml file, from simple to complex, going off what someone from another forum, and various search results have given me. Not a single one has worked and I am going f**king insane.
OK: Searching for <allow-access-from> in policy files to authorize data loading from resource at xmlsocket://localhost:9999 by requestor from http://localhost/xmlSocket.swf
Warning: [strict] Ignoring policy file at xmlsocket://localhost:9999 due to incorrect syntax. See http://www.adobe.com/go/strict_policy_files to fix this problem.
Error: SWF from http://localhost/xmlSocket.swf may not connect to a socket in its own domain without a policy file. See http://www.adobe.com/go/strict_policy_files to fix this problem.
I'd sell my soul to satan for the solution to this, if I believed in that sort of thing, but I don't. I just really want some help with this because in 2 days in 3 different forums, I've gotten TWO responses in all, and it's utterly depressing.