Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: Simple AS2 Physics Engine?

Simple AS2 Physics Engine?

Hi, I was wondering if there was a simple AS2 physics engine around for a small game. Mostly I need it for weapon interaction with objections to send them flying, but I am willing to try make my own if someone could point me in the right direction if there is no better alternative!

Thanks.

I like to use Box2D flash for my physics needs. But that's in AS3, and takes a bit to learn. But it's worth it because it's very powerful.

Anyways. I would not recommend you do any game with complex physics in AS2. That's a recipe for messiness and poorly handling physics. It really is worth learning AS3 for this kind of more complex stuff.

Ok, hopefully I will try learn AS3 soon. Thanks.

Thread Information