Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: How do I return values and display in a ToolTipText?

How do I return values and display in a ToolTipText?

I am doing a project where I have planes scattered on a grid. I need to have a tooltiptext that when the cursor is over the plane icon it will display the ID number, X, Y, and Z coordinates that are being read from a .txt file.

My guess is that I will need a mouse motion listener added and then in the parenthesis of the tooltiptext I'll be calling getID, getX, getY, and getZ.

C# right. There is a MouseEnter and MouseLeave event for all the objects. Use those events and the code below.

To make it show up:
    Code:
    private ToolTip toolTip = new ToolTip();
    string s = "ID: " + id.ToString() + "ect...";
    toolTip.Show(s, this, 2000);
    To make it fade out:
    Code:
    toolTip.Hide();
    s << string that will be displayed
    this << is the form
    2000 << Duration (2seconds).

... Do you need the code to read from a text file... just google there are thousand tutorials that can explain it perfectly. If you need to get the values out of the text file show us how you have the text file set up.
    Last edited by Templarian; June 17th, 2008 at 06:10 PM.

Join #kirupa | Click the under my Username | CL | Jeff

Uh...sorry probably should've specified, its JAVA.

Thread Information