The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: Life/Dating Sim game help

Life/Dating Sim game help

Okay, so I'm trying to make a life/dating sim type game but I don't know where to start. I hope this isn't too much, but I have so many questions and stuff. ^^"

I'm fairly new to flash (so far I've only figured out how to make a drag-and-drop game and the basic stuff in actionscript), so I think it won't be much trouble. I was looking through the tutorials on this site and read a few but then realized I had no idea what I would use and need to learn to make a sim game in the first place.

I'm not exactly sure how I can make a dialog box, or have multiple replies for things. Also, how would I make the character's picture appear above the dialog each time they said something?

It would need to have a point based system where talking to different people and depending on how you reply to them, it would either lower or raise their friendship points. I really am not sure how to go about that, but if someone could explain what I would need to use to do that it would be great.

If anyone has tutorials specifically on how to make a sim type game that's helpful also, but so far I haven't found any. I probably sound like a super-noob right about now also...

I think it is too complicated if you really are the super-noob you call yourself. Try getting the hang of basic games.

p.s. if you are a super-noob then i am a noob...

The complex part of a dating sim would, I think, be developing and using a big tree of potential events and the conditions under which they would occur. (Time, location, certain responses, character stats, etc.) I actually would have thought making things appear and disappear would be the easy part. So tkmk might be right, do a simpler game to get a handle on the graphics and then come back to this once you're comfortable with that.

Thread Information