Thread: Installing jQuery

Installing jQuery

I've downloaded JDK w/ NetBeans IDE, Apache Ant, and the jQuery script but when I run it, it doesn't install.
    How do you build it?
    Their site just says "download JDK, Ant, and build jQuery to start using it". I'm lost.

Edit: I think I have to set Ant up somehow, but don't understand it's doc.
    http://ant.apache.org/manual/
    Installing Ant > Installing Ant > Setup
    Last edited by w1sh; June 9th, 2008 at 02:49 PM.

you don't install jquery ... it's just an include from html, that you define in the head of ur html ...
    HTML Code:
    <script src="jquery.js" type="text/javascript" /></script>
    Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - Mark Twain
    Don't PM me your CSS, xHTML, JS or PHP questions. I will not reply to ANY IE6 questions.

http://docs.jquery.com/Downloading_jQuery
    What the heck is that?

I'm so confused... I installed JDK, Netbeans, and have been fist fighting Ant all day... just so I'd be able to make a pretty jQuery tooltip.

I'm freaking out. If I wasn't at work I'd have busted my face open on the desk by now.

Edit: Wait a tick. If all I want is a tooltip; and jQuery is just some header ref. link; and it's ok to use other site's code then... Bwahaha!
    Last edited by w1sh; June 9th, 2008 at 03:35 PM.

I can't see what you're linking their site is down. But I don't need to. It sounds as if those are the minimum requirements for a server ... just include the include the javascript file in the head.
    Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - Mark Twain
    Don't PM me your CSS, xHTML, JS or PHP questions. I will not reply to ANY IE6 questions.

Ok, let me try this...

Edit: omg... Search for "jquery tooltip best web" and got this: http://bestwebgallery.com/category/extras/
    3rd link down...
    lol, it wasn't even his script...
    Last edited by w1sh; June 9th, 2008 at 03:45 PM.

Btw, thank you very much Simplistik.
    I really appreciate all the help you give me.

Think you guys might be talking about 2 different things. I think there is a jQuery for Java and one for JavaScript and they are unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by w1sh View Post
    3rd link down...
    lol, it wasn't even his script...
    I know ... I linked the site he got the script from in the original post ...

Nice script.
    I see why his bestwebgall mainbar is on the leftside though... the thumbnails overflow to the right (if you leave it default)

I guess I'll add 2 scripts for links on the right side and links in the middle. :\

Edit: ^ Does that mean I'm thinking like a Java script kiddie?
    Last edited by w1sh; June 9th, 2008 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by simplistik View Post
    I know ... I linked the site he got the script from in the original post ...
    Yeah I'm an idiot.

So essentially, jQuery is kinda like a simplified version of JavaScript?

Edit: Oh teehee, I'm learning stuff. I feel so giddy. It reminds me of AS.
    Last edited by w1sh; June 12th, 2008 at 09:17 AM.

Thread Information