The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: Matching Word Game in Flash and XML

Afrostyle Matching Word Game in Flash and XML

Dear members,

I am urgently in need of a "match the following " kind of game to be done in flash mx2004 or 8 with xml data input. To be in brief, the words to be matched should be at left (6 nos) and the correct words should be at right. As the user selects any of the word from the left and further clicks the corresponding word at the right it should show that the answer is correct, if its really the correct one and show wrong message if its wrong. Then the game has to continue to the next set of questions and so on.

The text will be feeded through xml file. Please refer the similar sample present in the link http://dmc.umn.edu/objects/matching/matching.shtml .ANy one could give me idea of how to proceed with this or customzie the files present in the above link ?as i am new to action script.

i think this is sort of what your looking for just match the words to the proper colors. all the code is on the timeline, i know there isnt any xml code the reason is well i dont knoe xml so couldnt implement that hope this helps
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cooldude88; June 3rd, 2008 at 02:39 PM. Reason: forgot to add in instructions

Thread Information