The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: Free flash video tutorials :: Building "Pong"

Free flash video tutorials :: Building "Pong"

Hey, I just wanted to let everyone know that I have a bunch of free video tutorials, with audio, to teach my students how to make a version of the classic "Pong" game. I teach Flash to middle school students and I had to put them somewhere public where they could access them. So, I figure, while they're up there for them, others could probably benefit too. If you want to check them out, here they are:
    http://www.rosettastoneofguitar.com/...lash/pingPong/
    If you find them useful, you might also want to look at some more miscellaneous videos (some with sound and others with captions to guide) here:
    http://www.rosettastoneofguitar.com/...ptivate/flash/
    You can expect this little library to grow and grow as I don't have anywhere else to put them for now. I also take requests (as long as they are not to intense). Many of the things you want to know are also things my students will want to know.
    I could actually also benefit from any advice you more advanced programmers have about how to build games. So, pitch in a point or two if you have any for me. I'm dying to get better at this stuff and I get to work with it all day long...and get paid (and it's pretty low pressure, just plain fun!)...lucky me!

hmm, i haven't seen it yet, but i do suggest making a good platformer game tutorial, since most beginners would want to make their own platformers first, while having no clue to simulating gravity, using listners, or making scrolling terrain.
    MY BLOG

I need a SPRITER who can do pixel arts for an arcade fighter project. If you can help out, please pm me.
    I also need someone who can write simple xml files.

The tutorials are small and seem to be all over the place. I hope your students can keep up.

Order of videos is in a jpg

Quote Originally Posted by t0w View Post
    The tutorials are small and seem to be all over the place. I hope your students can keep up.
    The actual order of the pong files are in a jpg image that you'll find right in the list. It's the best I could do until I get them linked up on an actual page...soon...hopefully

Thread Information