Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: 3d collison problem

3d collison problem

Hey guys, how do i determine where the ball will land on the ground, in the type of view you can see in the attached image?

You need to determine the position of the camera, and the angle it is looking. Use these properties in a focal length formula, then use those results to postion and scale the ball onscreen. Check out the basic 3d tutorials here at kirupa for details on how it all works:

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/acti...pt/3dindex.htm

Since you are using flat ground, the collision will occur when your y value falls below that of the ground's y value.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryscript View Post
    You need to determine the position of the camera, and the angle it is looking. Use these properties in a focal length formula, then use those results to postion and scale the ball onscreen. Check out the basic 3d tutorials here at kirupa for details on how it all works:

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/acti...pt/3dindex.htm

Since you are using flat ground, the collision will occur when your y value falls below that of the ground's y value.
    Hey that was a nice tutorial,but am already familiar with most of that stuff. I already have got the bowler to ball and the batsman can also hit. But the problem that am having is that, i kinda have use a lot adjustments in the formula's to get the right effect. So tht's y i was wondering if am doing something wrong, or maybe there is some standard method to do this.Damn it, This would have been much easier if the camera was directly behind the batsman or the bowler. anyways thank you for replying.

If you've made adjustments, you will need to make those same adjustments to the ball's positioning. This may give strange results though.

That looks like it will be a very cool game. Sorry I cannot offer any help other than encouragement.

Yea the ball does act strange sometimes. So have put in a lot of conditions and stuff like tht. neways thanks for the encouragement t0w. Hope it works out fine

Thread Information