The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: Load/Save Data Offline.

Load/Save Data Offline.

I'm in the process of creating an offline flash game, offline because it is fairly large in size. Problem is, due to it being offline I'm pretty sure there is no available method of creating XML/TXT files via flash in order to save player stats. Am I wrong or is there no alternative method?

Although not XML or TXT, there's the local Shared Objects flash can use to save on the client side...

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=tn_16194

Check that link out for more information.

Thank you, i will try this out. Is there any limitation to the amount of data that can be stored in a shared object file? I may need to store alot of variables so just to check

http://www.kirupa.com/forum/showpost...49&postcount=6

The default of 100 kilobytes represents a lot of variables
    2006-11 GlosRFC - Searching 8,168,684,336 brain cells

Thanks dude, 100kb should suffice

Quote Originally Posted by ??_?? View Post
    I'm in the process of creating an offline flash game, offline because it is fairly large in size. Problem is, due to it being offline I'm pretty sure there is no available method of creating XML/TXT files via flash in order to save player stats. Am I wrong or is there no alternative method?
    Pretty sure you can still create XML/TXT files even if it is offline.

Thread Information