Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: Beach soldier [ first game! ]

Beach soldier [ first game! ]

Beach Soldier v1.0

http://www.jg-designs.nl/beachsoldier.html

my first ever game, coded by myself from scratch. i might add some other bosses etc later.

so whatcha think? cut me some slack its my first .
    Click here to read the signature guidelines for the forums.
    Reason: Dimensions > 300x60
    Ready to kick some ***!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pancake View Post
    Beach Soldier v1.0

http://www.jg-designs.nl/beachsoldier.html

my first ever game, coded by myself from scratch. i might add some other bosses etc later.

so whatcha think? cut me some slack its my first .
    I played and I found a bug... sometimes your health and that of your enemy will go below zero and just not die... I really find it too hard tho... you can't beat the first enemy that easily...

actually you lose or win when enemy life = 0 or your life is 0. can't see how it's bugged, works for other people. if you think smart its actually pretty easy to win, without getting hit.
    Click here to read the signature guidelines for the forums.
    Reason: Dimensions > 300x60
    Ready to kick some ***!

hmm MaxGhost said right...you really do have a bug, and it is there because you are cheacking if life==0, so say you have 5 life left, and then the hammer thingy subtracts 10, so you dont get life=0, but life=-5, get what i mean? to fix it do if(life<=0)
    MY BLOG

I need a SPRITER who can do pixel arts for an arcade fighter project. If you can help out, please pm me.
    I also need someone who can write simple xml files.

5. I couldn't get passed the first enemy you encounter. It might be my problem though, I could only read shift and space + arrow keys as controls. Graphics were nice. Definitely good for you first game .

Good to see a fellow nederlander around here too! xD

Quote Originally Posted by bluemagica View Post
    hmm MaxGhost said right...you really do have a bug, and it is there because you are cheacking if life==0, so say you have 5 life left, and then the hammer thingy subtracts 10, so you dont get life=0, but life=-5, get what i mean? to fix it do if(life<=0)
    yeah that is probably it... it just hit me down to -10 and then I was confused... it kept hitting me and I went down to like... -150, and he went below too... even if I got him directly to 0...

lol ok I beat it... "your remaining life is 60"

I can't even read the instructions on the first page because of the background. The gameplay mechanic is nice, but i can't imagine it has much depth for a longer game. As a first game though it's a pretty good effort

9. Quote Originally Posted by Iamthejuggler View Post
    As a first game though it's a pretty good effort
    Definitely.

i dont know what your game is like it wouldnt load for me at all, my brower said loading then done and when i right click ed movie not loaded i wish i could say anything else but i didnt even get to see what the preloader looked like

I have the same problem the game Isn't loading.

yup not loading... it is probally a great game.. and we're missing out

Thread Information