The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: noob question.....drop down list

noob question.....drop down list

How do i make a drop down list with dynamic content? I know there is a drop down list component, but i dont know how to skin it or give it a custom look...soo i need to know either how can i skin the ddlist component or how can i make a custom one altogether..
    MY BLOG

I need a SPRITER who can do pixel arts for an arcade fighter project. If you can help out, please pm me.
    I also need someone who can write simple xml files.

im not quite sure if this is wha ur talking about but im sure u can adapt it to your needs

3. Quote Originally Posted by cooldude88 View Post
    im not quite sure if this is wha ur talking about but im sure u can adapt it to your needs
    If what is?

Anyway, to answer the question at hand. I would simply have an object to handle all of this. Probably with an array and two status, dropped down and default. I can't believe you can't program this yourself or are you looking for some kind of special and simple solution?

sorry about that i guess i forgot to add the link http://www.entheosweb.com/Flash/vide..._down_menu.asp maybe you can use that to help i would suggest just using a few empty text fields with preset instnance names to do what you need im guessing

5. Quote Originally Posted by cooldude88 View Post
    sorry about that i guess i forgot to add the link http://www.entheosweb.com/Flash/vide..._down_menu.asp maybe you can use that to help i would suggest just using a few empty text fields with preset instnance names to do what you need im guessing
    Whoa, what a horrible tutorial. So much useless information >< . I doubt that is of any use as it uses up a lot of layers and frames. I bet I could code this thing all in one class and a lot more dynamical.

hmm...that is not exactly what i was looking for, but thanks for trying anyway....i need a drop-down list like a html one, i mean a list which drops down a bit and has a scrollbar such that the list can never go beyond the page...

i better try to find my own way out..
    MY BLOG

I need a SPRITER who can do pixel arts for an arcade fighter project. If you can help out, please pm me.
    I also need someone who can write simple xml files.

Thread Information