The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: PHP Form w/ multiple select options loaded from mysql database

PHP Form w/ multiple select options loaded from mysql database

Hey there
    Just wanted to know if someone could help me out here:

A PHP form that enables people to submit an email form. The email form also has a multiple select list.

Now here's the catch. The multiple select options have to be loaded from a mysql database?

So I'm assuming there'll be some sort of 'loop' function here too <option value="">Option Value here</option> ?

Can someone point me to a script that enables me to do this?

Thanks

First of all you need to query the database for the results, ie the options you want to display
    Then you need to disply the results in a while loop, then close the query, like this
    <?
    $query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM blah")
    echo "<select name='blah_blah'>";
    while ($row=mysql_fetch_array($query)) {
    echo "<option>". $row['options']."</option>";
    }
    echo "</select>";
    ?>
    Like that but you have to replace the variable with what you need, kinda easy really but only if you've been told like I was.

Any luck?

Have you had any luck resolving your problem yet? If so, could you please let me know what you're findings were becauase I am having a similar problem.

-- Dan

Thread Information