Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: mysql_connect(): Can't connect error

mysql_connect(): Can't connect error

any one ever encounter this problem?

ive got a test site ive been workin on for a friend and it works good excpt once ur loged in u cant get to any other page for some reason the user will get this error

Code:
    Warning:  mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/n/e/o/neokrasher/html/impact/admin/resources/includes/connection.php5
    Database connectionfailed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock' (2)
    it says i cant connect but i am using update and insert querys all over the place. i find it odd that it cant connect

here is the link
    www.anthonydevito.net/impact

user name and pw is
    manager1
    manager1

i checked the connection.php and there doesnt seem to be any problems.

Any one have any ideas?

Have you checked to verify that the path in the error is in fact the correct error to the socket?

i have no idea how to do that... ive never runinto soket problems before

PHP Code:
    <?
    print mysql_error();
    ?>
    Have you successfully connected to the database elsewhere in your hosting account?
    got pwnt?

i figured it out woot. its was really simple... i forgot to change my db host to the server instead of localhost >< thanks for the help guys

Thread Information