The forums have permanently moved to forum.kirupa.com. This forum will be kept around in read-only mode for archival purposes. To learn how to continue using your existing account on the new forums, check out this thread.

Thread: html email generated by php -- having weird breaks

html email generated by php -- having weird breaks

I'm generating an html with php ...

here's what the raw source of part of one of the emails :

occasionally, weird breaks get thrown in and will screw things up--- as in this instance, it breaks the image cause it puts a break in its url (see orange arrow).

Anyone know how to prevent this?

Shouldn't break at all, that's just a line break from the word-wrap. Are you sure the image you're pulling actually exists?
    Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - Mark Twain
    Don't PM me your CSS, xHTML, JS or PHP questions. I will not reply to ANY IE6 questions.

Yup, the same script can be called in a "View online" version - where it loads the same html in the browser - and everything works. So I know all the images are there.

Things seem to be getting screwed up by the word-wraps...Happens in different places depending on how many characters its readying.

Not sure how much of the generated content you have control over but just stick in line breaks after the blocks you'd like to break. Here's an example

PHP Code:
    //Instead of this:
    echo "<div>Holler for a dollar</div>";

//Try this:
    echo "<div>Holler for a dollar</div>\r\t"
    That will put a line break in the actual source but won't affect the html code what-so-ever. Not really sure if it'll fix your problem as I don't know enough about it, but it'll certainly make your html more legible.

Thread Information