Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: how to call RSS

Afrostyle how to call RSS

for this feed:
    http://rss.news.yahoo.com/rss/india

how do i call this in my Flash file..for a simple local xml file- the code works and now that im trying to connect it with an external xml file.. does not work becuase the structure is different..

how do i populate a value from the above RSS into my news_txt textfield:

_root.thetitle = this.firstChild.firstChild.childNodes[0].childNodes[1].firstChild.nodeValue;
    news_txt.htmlText = _root.thetitle;

okay- let me try again..
    this is the rss feed..
    http://rss.news.yahoo.com/rss/topstories

and this is how im trying to read the news title(s) into my "news_txt" textfield:
    _root.thetitle = this.firstChild.firstChild.childNodes[0].childNodes[1].firstChild.nodeValue;
    news_txt.htmlText = _root.thetitle;

of course, it is not working-- let me know how to fix this- PLEASE !!

what's this have to do w/ server-side things?... this looks like a flash question...
    Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - Mark Twain
    Don't PM me your CSS, xHTML, JS or PHP questions. I will not reply to ANY IE6 questions.

it is more about calling XML and i thought u guys would be able to comment on XML issues.. on flash forum- no one replied so i had to put it here.- thanks!!

....and yes, the description for this forum says "Get your XML, PHP, ASP, etc. questions answered here."
    Last edited by abhikumar; January 22nd, 2008 at 04:17 PM.

Thread Information