Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Thread: VERY simple XML / MP3 question

VERY simple XML / MP3 question

Hello. Not sure if this is the right section to put this in but here goes...

I am looking for a way to load a small (10 second or so) mp3 file using xml to loop as background music for a flash slideshow I am making. All it needs is 1 play/stop button and the mp3 needs to loop continuously.

The people I am doing this for want to be able to change the mp3 without using the fla file which is why I am trying to use xml for this. (something I am not very experienced with. I have played around at the numerous xml/mp3 players out there but I really don't need track titles, load bars, all of that stuff. I really just need the mp3 to loop in the background and a small button to stop the sound if needed.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

theres lots of tutorials on both loading xml and creating an mp3 player heres one that might be what you want
    http://www.pixel2life.com/publish/tu...ng_xml_/page5/

Thread Information