Everybody! This is important. In a few days, these forums will be moving over to using the totally sweet Discourse platform. To ensure this migration happens smoothly with no loss of content, these forums are currently in a read-only mode. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

There is never a good time to turn the forums off for an extended period of time, but I promise the new forums will be a billion times better. I'm pretty sure of it.

See you all on the other side in a few days, and if you have any (non-technical) questions, please e-mail me at kirupa@kirupa.com. For technical questions, try to find a tutorial that corresponds to what you are looking for and post in the comments section of that page.

Cheers,
Kirupa

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Framework Battle?

^ Also a cool way of each other checking on each others status (plugging it into twitter)

Well I just found a huge downfall in CakePHP (while coding another app)... It's routing sucks more than a vacuum!!! Seriously, it can't even really handle URL's like:

example.com/controller/param/action

Instead I had to pass all the requests for that controller to another mapper function... crud tastic!!!

EDIT:// I'll probably just start twittering all my development finds @ http://twitter.com/stuartloxton

You should setup a location to grab twitter feeds specific to this battle, so people don't have to go to twitter all the time

Will do later, is everyone going to update on twitter or some other system?

I can do whatever. Since you started on twitter, I might was well. www.twitter.com/blazes816

http://twitter.com/nokrev

I can too, but how do you guys separate normal tweets from tweets about this?

K-Emmys-06: Best Footer; and K-Emmys-06: Most Active Member

Not sure. You could make a new account just for these tweets (twits?). I don't use twitter, so it won't be a problem here.

Start with a small string, like:
    Code:
    // Normal
    I'm doing awesome stuff.

// Frame Update
    frame: CakePHP routing sucks.

Use a tumblr, and pull the twitter feeds into it. I'll set it up if you kids want.

Could always setup a dummy account, and if you want to tweet about this thing, just say
    Code:
    @kirupabattle message.
    And then just pull in the public feed for kirupa battle.

//twitter is having a super maintainance thing, so it'd be swell that the tumblr can work as a cache for it too.

WOhoo web 2.0 whore!
    Last edited by Pasquale; January 31st, 2008 at 10:44 AM.

Twitter IMO is everything that's wrong with the web these days condensed into a silly web app

But, as I was telling Pasquale and mrs. Kalani last night, it's made with RoR, which automatically gives it 10 web2.0 cool tokens.

@DM if you could set up that tumblr thing than that would be mighty cool.

@Ramie: I hated it at first but I don't mind it too much now... great way of sending and receiving free texts if you know how.

I'm setting up a tumblr. I've created http://twitter.com/kfbattle, and I'll add you all as friends, then use that feed for tumblr.

I love twitter as an app, hate the idea of posting menial details of my life on the web. (o2 give me like 1000 free txt a month, I use about 100 if that)

1030: Drank some mocca, not as nice as yesterdays...
    0900: Had a shower (man that was nice)
    0600: Got out of bed

http://frameworkbattle.tumblr.com/ should show the twitter feed in about an hour.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread Information