Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Framework Battle?

I knew you would…
    Aye, it was always gonna happen (Gruff is also a nice lib, sparky is multiple platform tho).

I think it should be whatever your team wants … any client-side stuff is fine by me. This really shouldn’t at all be designed with prettiness in mind.
    Agreed, JS just makes life easier in some cases, also nice to demonstrate how the framework handles communication with client side technology like JS, which may interest anyone who is watching this thread.

Hmm, I might take you up on that. I’ll have to see how easy it is to setup on my new server.
    You'll only need a client to check in and out, the windows people could (should) be using the Tortoise SVN client, that adds some very handy options to the right click context menu for SVN, on the MAC I just use the command line and connect over ssh.

There are other benefits to using version control (read below).

I think elapsed development times should definitely be recorded. That's hard to control, but it'd give a basic, slightly biased overview of speed of development.
    If projects are under version control the development is logged, should be easy to get quite an accurate dev time simply from the check in logs and when the final release of the project is tagged.

I'm not sure if I can get SVN on my server, I'll see. So everyone agree on the features we need? Should someone make a new thread with spec and see whose joining and using what?

Do you have an svn client on the server, try something like svn --version from the command line.

Quote Originally Posted by ramie View Post
    You'll only need a client to check in and out, the windows people could (should) be using the Tortoise SVN client, that adds some very handy options to the right click context menu for SVN, on the MAC I just use the command line and connect over ssh.

There are other benefits to using version control (read below).
    Yep, I know. I’ve used SVN plenty before, but I haven’t setup a repo on my new server before, so I’m not sure how easy it is.

K-Emmys-06: Best Footer; and K-Emmys-06: Most Active Member

If I supply you shouldn't need to set it up, just use it, but it's really simple, you would do it with your eyes closed.

Have a look at the link below from Slicehost, it will explain it better than I can.

http://articles.slicehost.com/2007/9...-to-subversion

I think I'll take you up on the SVN offer, my server doesn't support it I think... least I couldn't find anything on it and I don't have a SSH client at school.

^ no problem, I'll set it up tonight and PM you the info.

Just as a random thought instead of all spamming this thread in small convos so there's no flow. Does everyone have a social network in common?

I have:
    Facebook and pownce

but could use anything.

MSN Messenger?

GMT (uk) my MSN is dont give a [at] hotmail dot com, I'll be on about 6 this evening after I get out of the office.

^ Nice to see someone in my timezone competing then.

Anyone else use MSN?

I'm on msn. blazes816[at]yahoo(d0t)com. Are we doing teams, or solo?

^ Up to you, you can form teams but you can go solo if you want. If your doing rails either ask Ramie or BS. I'm going solo.

I think I have you on MSN already.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information